Japanese traditional Tempura Dipping Sauce.
Sweet, and savory, rich Dashi flavor.
It goes really well with crispy shrimp or vegetable tempura. Also, this authentic Tempura sauce can be used for Soba noodle soup, Udon noodle soup, Osumashi soup, etc…
Super-easy to make while using Hondashi powder. Ready in 5 minutes!
You can serve the dipping sauce for Tempura in hot/ cold.
Homemade Traditional Tempura Dipping Sauce
- 3 tbsp Japanese Dark Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Japanese Sake/ White wine/ Sherry
- 1½ tbsp Raw Cane Sugar
- ½ tbsp Hondashi Powder
- ¾ cup Water
- Grated radish *optional
- Grated ginger *optional
- In a small saucepan add all ingredients. Bring it to a boil for about 2 minutes.
- You can serve it in hot/ cold.
- This tempura dipping sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.