The supreme lemon sour is ridiculously refreshing and delicious AND bitter.
This Japanese lemon sour made with the whole lemon is perfect for the coming hot season!
It’s an easier version of the recipe of my infused vodka that will surely make your home time fun.
- What’s So Special In My Japanese Lemon Sour
- Best Shochu To Make Lemon Sour
- Sneaky! Both Refreshing AND Bitter Infused Vodka Lemon Sour
- Homemade Lemon Syrup
- Add Sugar Rock To Infused Liquor
- Home Izakaya Japanese Cocktail Guides
What’s So Special In My Japanese Lemon Sour
This lemon sour is made of infused vodka/ Shochu with lemon peels (only) and frozen lemon flesh.
Best Shochu To Make Lemon Sour
Sneaky! Both Refreshing AND Bitter Infused Vodka Lemon Sour
- 1 A clean and sanitized bottle or jar
- 1 Tall thin highball glass
- 3 Whole lemon, unwaxed, organic, washed
- 2 Cups Vodka/ Shochu
Make Whole Lemon-infused Vodka
- Cut whole lemons into small pieces.
- Remove seeds as much as you can.
- Place lemon pieces in a clean jar, and pour vodka/ Shochu over them.
- Be sure to cover lemon cuts completely with the vodka. Close the lid tightly.
- Allow the lemon to infuse into the vodka in a cool dark place.
- You can enjoy lemon-infused vodka from the next day, but I recommend letting it infuse for a minimum of 1 week, and, 3-4 weeks is best.
Homemade Lemon Syrup
Add Sugar Rock To Infused Liquor
When you infuse vodka/ Shochu with lemons and Crystal White Sugar together, you can enjoy sweet bitter lemon sour.
We use white rock sugar to make homemade infused liquor.
If possible, it is recommended to use rock sugar.
Rock sugar gradually dissolves compared to ordinary white sugar, so alcohol infuses into the lemon first due to osmotic pressure.
The lemon extract slowly exudes bringing the infused liquor a rich mellow round taste.
How much do you need rock sugar each time?
As the guide, bring the ratio of 1 cup of liquor and 1 cup of lemon cuts to 1 cup of rock sugar. (1:1:1)
Or reduce half a cup of sugar and add lemon syrup when making a glass of lemon sour if needed.