It’s a kind of my routine to make this fried noodle dish with leftover chicken lettuce wrap.
Since it is used chicken lettuce wrap, you’ll need only condiments to season rice noodles.
This time, I use TERIYAKI sauce and oyster sauce.
ASIAN CHUNKY CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAP
A quick dinner-less than 30 minutes! Easy and delicious! I’ll share all my cooking tips and make you an Asian cooking chef, better than the beloved dish from local Chinese food. Not greasy at all, has lots of veggies, (actually, half of the ingredients are vegetables!), and so addictive. To make this tasty stir-fry dish, preparation is important. Be sure all set, and combine the sauce before cooking!
I also use leftover chicken in this recipe, but, you can use fresh chopped chicken!
Soak the noodles in warm water for 1 hour before cooking.
Which provides nice chewy noodles without being soggy while cooking!
FRIED RICE NOODLES IN ASIAN TERIYAKI SAUCE
- 8 oz Thai rice stick noodles
- 3 cups leftover chicken lettuce wrap
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup TERIYAKI SAUCE
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil
- Soak the dried rice noodles in lukewarm water for a minimum of 30 minutes. Ideally, for 40 minutes to 60 minutes. Drain water.
- (Make scrambled eggs) In a bowl, add 4 eggs, 1 tbsp of milk, and salt & pepper to taste, then, combine them well. Preheat and oil a non-stick skillet. Make sure the skillet gets hot. Pour the egg mixture, and make fluffy lumpy scrambled eggs. Transfer the scrambled eggs to a platter, and clean the skillet.
- In the skillet or a wok, place the leftover chicken lettuce wrap and heat up for a while.
- Add rice noodles and water. Place a lid on the skillet or the wok. Cook the noodles covered over medium heat until they absorb the water, for about 5-7 minutes.
- When the noodles absorb the most water and become soft, then, add TERIYAKI sauce and oyster sauce.
- Continue stirring and return the scrambled eggs. Combine the ingredients well.
- Adjust flavor as you like and serve.