SAUTEED STICK BROCCOLI
Sautéed Broccolini (Broccoletti, stick broccoli) is a vibrant green, healthy, tender, crunchy, and perfect easy-savory side dish. It takes only 10 minutes—, sauteed stick broccoli with butter (use good butter!) and season with salt.Red peppers add an accent of color and enhance the green of broccoli, but you can skip them or add your choice of vegetables.
- 1 skillet with a lid
- 12 oz stick broccoli
- 1-2 tbsp butter *I use Armish butter
- 3-4 mini sweet red pepper
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 tbsp Japanese sake or white wine
- Freshly grounded black pepper *optionally
- Cut stick broccoli into two or three pieces while dividing florets and stems. Thinly slice mini sweet red pepper.
- Preheat the butter in the skillet over medium heat, and add the stems of broccoli. Then, sprinkle a pinch of salt.
- Sautee the stems for 1 minute and add sliced mini sweet peppers.
- Pour 1 tbsp of Japanese sake or white wine and immediately put the lid on.
- Cook the veggies for another 1 minute, and add florets.
- Sprinkle another pinch of salt, and continue cooking the veggies while stirring occasionally, for about 1-3 minutes until gets your favorite tenderness.
- Transfer to a platter and sprinkle freshly grated black pepper optionally.
©Japanmcconnell/Rico McConnell- Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.