This is my hubby’s favorite homemade coleslaw who isn’t a big salad lover with the most delicious creamy Japanese mayo dressing.
This coleslaw is quick and easy but the best eat is the next day.
This coleslaw is packed with fresh, crunchy flavors and I guarantee the yummy coleslaw even he can eat as a snack instead of chips and dip!
I add freshly harvested chili peppers from my garden (they add a refreshing and spicy flavor to the coleslaw), but, they are not essential.
Surely, you have already the worldwide information- Japanese mayonnaise is the best!
I BELIEVE IT.
When traveling to Japan, you’ll definitely find out the Japanese are obsessed with domestic Mayonnaise.
Japanese mayo is much more than a national typical condiment.
CHECK OUT JAPANESE MAYONNAISE PRODUCTS
Kewpie has become increasingly popular in the U.S. and other countries in recent years, but, it’s the staple mayonnaise, more than it, no less than it in Japan.
Kewpie has 60% of the market share in Japan and was also the first company that produce mayonnaise products in 1925.
Rich and creamy, and absolutely delicious Mayo for everything.
EASY YUMMY COLESLAW WITH KEWPIE MAYO
- ½ green cabbage, finely or roughly shredded *When using finely shredded cabbage, the coleslaw may get watery.
- 1 apple.sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, seeds removed and sliced
- *YOUR CHOICE OF VEGETABLES Carrots, radishes, bell peppers, onions
- 1 fresh green chili pepper, finely minced *optionally
- 1 TSP salt
FOR THE COLESLAW DRESSING
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup Japanese Mayo (KEWPIE)
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar or 1½ honey
- gound black pepper to taste
- in a large mixing bowl, add shredded cabbage and sprinkle 1 TSP of salt. Combine well and let them sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetables to the bowl and mix well.
- Meanwhile, combine all dressing ingredients well with a whisk in a mixing bowl. Taste, then adjust as desired.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetable mix and combine well.
- Let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours occasionally mixing well. The best result is to let it sit overnight.