[Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker RECIPE] SEAFOOD Paella
This Instant Pot Paella is super-easy to make, and, super delicious and picturesque. Your choice of seafood- shrimp, mussels, calamari…from fresh-caught to a freezer! Use medium grain rice, unnecessary to rinse, diced onions, and bell peppers as adding sweetness and flavor.
- 1 instant pot or pressure cooker
- 1 lb shrimp *thaw in salt water if you use frozen
- 1 lb calamari *thaw in salt water if you use frozen
- 2 cups medium grain rice *No needed to rinse
- 1¾ cups boiled water
- 3 tbsp white wine
- a pinch of saffron *if it's available
- 2 tbsp water for saffron
- 1 cube shrimp broth Or chicken broth
- 1 cup diced bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ½ onion. finely minced
- 4 pieces salted pork or pancetta or bacon, chopped
- 12 small tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set Instant Pot to "saute" setting, pour in the olive oil, and add chopped salted pork, minced onions, and garlic, saute until softened.
- Add diced peppers, sliced mushrooms, and rice to the pot. Stir and saute for a few minutes.Add salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the instant pot.
- Add shrimp bouillon with boiled water, white wine, and saffron and the water, to the pot. Place the small tomatoes on the rice.
- Place the shrimp and calamari on the rice and tomatoes.
- Place the lid. Set the Instant Pot to the "pressure cook" setting. Start to cook with "HIGH" for 3 minutes.Turn off the "Keep Warm" mode.
- When the time is up, naturally release the pressure for about 15 minutes while cooking the rice. *Avoid opening the lid for at least 15 minutes even after the pressure cooking.
- It is better to mix the rice and the tomatoes well before serving, but, the nice seafood decoration will be gone. You can mix the rice after serving the seafood decoration to your guest if desired.
©Japanmcconnell/Rico McConnell- Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.