Easy Sweet Homemade Pork Bone Broth With Flavorful Veggies
Gentle, clear, sweet, and incredibly flavorful pork bone broth to make at home. Using pork neck bones in pressure cooking can bring easy and quick rich pork broth. Also, you can learn how to prepare (clean) pork neck bones.
- instant pot or pressure cooker
- 4 pork neck bones
- 4.5 cups water
- ½ cup Japanese sake or white wine
- ½ onion with skin
- green part of a leek
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 0.3 oz ginger, sliced (5-6 slices)
- ½ TSP salt
- vegetable leftovers *carrots, cabbage, celery…
- Clean pork neck bones. Soak pork neck bones in cold water for 2 hours while changing water.
- Rinse the bones thoughtfully under tap water. In an inner pot or a pressure cooker, place the bones and fill the water to cover.
- Pre-boil the bones to clean and remove the unpleasant flavor from bones. Bring the water to a boil with the "saute" mode for the instant pot o over medium-high on the stovetop for a pressure cooker.
- Once the water gets boiled, turn off the power or the heat, and drain the bones. (You don't need to cook longer than that.)Rinse the bones thoughtfully under tap water. Wash the inner pot lightly.
- In an inner pot of the instant pot or a pressure cooker, add all ingredients and pork neck bones.
- Put a lid on, set the pressure high, and cook the bones for 20 minutes.Release the air naturally.
- Drain the soup, you can use the broth immediately, or keep it in a fridge or freezer. Use the broth within one week or freeze it for up to 3 months.
©Japanmcconnell/Rico McConnell- Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.