I love cooking tips and hacks to help save time and food waste.
My husband and myself love not only adding the spicy with fresh chilis but also using fresh garlic every time.
However, I was a little bothered by peeling garlic and cutting carefully chilis every time, also, the fresh chilis go bad quickly.
I considered making garlic oil or chili oil, but, I don’t like to store several kinds of oil, yes, just oil.
(we have already kept olive oil, extra virgin olive oil, roasted sesame oil, coconut oil, and truffle oil-he loves drizzling it over popcorn!)
It’s the summertime, and we can get some packet of good fresh chilis reasonably.
So, I decide to use a freezing hack while combining minced garlic and chili peppers.
If so, you can use minced garlic and fresh chilis any time you want from the freezer.
This recipe is exactly the time and food waste saver in your kitchen life.
One of the kitchen gadgets that I am very happy to buy is definitely this hand blender set.
Cuisinart Smart Stick Variable Speed Hand Blender
Versatile and durable.
I like being able to adjust the speed blender although it was a little tricky for the first use. (I recommend reading the instructions before use! LOL)
It is absolutely a time saver to make the creamy dressing!
INCLUDED: 3-cup chopper/grinder, chef’s whisk, 2-cup mixing/measuring cup!
I use this a lot when I make salad dressings and chicken balls.
Food Freezing Hack: My Fresh Chili Peppers AND Garlic Mix Is Absolutely GENIUS
- 1 Food processor/ mini chopper
- 1 pair of disposable gloves
- freezer bags
- Baking sheet
- Your choice of a handful of chili peppers *jalapeno & habanero on the image
- The same amount of garlic cloves
- Wear disposal gloves.
- Wash and dry chili peppers.
- Halve the chili peppers and remove the seeds and the tops. Roughly chop the peppers.
- Place the chili peppers and garlic in a food processor/ mini chopper, and mince them.
- Pack the minced chili peppers and garlic mixture into a freezer bag (I use a sandwich bag,) with a spoon.
- *You can make chili & garlic oil without freezing it.
- Remove the excess air out, and seal the bag tightly.
- Make the bags filled with the chili peppers and garlic mixture flat, and place them on a baking sheet. Store it in a freezer.
- To use, break up the mixture and throw it into your cooking like the stir-fry, soup, stew, etc…
- Make Homemade Japanese Layu with fresh or frozen chili and garlic mix in this post.
How To Make Homemade Japanese Layu
Simple, Easy, But Supreme Savory Flavorful Japanese Layu.
Please try to make this Layu if your traditional Layu is not enough.