Looking for some miso soup inspiration that’s simple, delicious, and just feels good to eat? Look no further!
This miso soup recipe is needed in your list of “go-to” soups.
You can make Miso soup in 10 minutes when using homemade miso sauce.
It’s a little sweet miso soup without adding soy sauce or actual miso paste, but still rich taste.
Adding 1/4 cup of milk / heavy cream will change this soup into rich creamy miso soup.
- How To Make Miso Soup With Homemade Miso Sauce
- Versatile! Miso Soup Ingredients
- How To Make Authentic Miso Soup
- What To Serve With Miso Soup
How To Make Miso Soup With Homemade Miso Sauce
- 4 tbsp Miso Sauce *1)
- 2 cups Water
- ¼ TSP Dashi powder
- 1 tbsp Japanese dark soy sauce
- ½ Tofu, diced
- Your Choice of Ingredients *Basil in the pic
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot.
- Add Dashi powder, tofu, and other ingredients. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Miso sauce and soy sauce. Turn off the stove before the soup boiled.
Versatile! Miso Soup Ingredients
Typical Japanese Miso Soup Ingredients
- Tofu (Silky/ Firm)
- Fried Tofu
- Dried Wakame seaweed
- Daikon radish
- Green beans/ peas
- Bean sprout
Unique Miso Soup Ingredients
- Radish leaves
- Celery leaves
- Kabocha squash
- Japanese sweet potatoes
How To Make Authentic Miso Soup
With Kombu Dashi Broth
With Hondashi Powder
If you want to make authentic Japanese Miso soup (without a sweet taste), here’s the recipe using Hondashi powder.
Hondashi powder is the Japanese dashi soup powder, so you can still make miso soup easy-cheesy.