Fortunately, it’s not hard to get RAMEN NOODLES anywhere in the world, thanks to AMAZON.
Although I often use alternative noodles for homemade ramen noodle soup such as rice noodles or egg noodles, we’re missing the fresh chewy texture of ramen noodles.
This cooking hack is really popular among the Japanese who live outside of Japan.
Now, you don’t have to wait for delivery from AMAZON while checking outside the door.
Only you’ll need spaghetti, baking soda, salt, and water.
- RAMEN NOODLES ARE ALKALINE NOODLES
- COOKING TIPS
- How To Convert Spaghetti Pasta To Ramen Noodles
RAMEN NOODLES ARE ALKALINE NOODLES
Alkaline noodles, or alkali noodles are a type of noodles that contained a much higher quantity of alkali. Like Japanese Ramen noodles, Alkaline noodles have a unique fresh, slippery, and chewy texture.
MAKE THE PASTA NOODLES ALKALINE
Thus, making the pasta noodles alkaline turn them to be ramen noodles.
Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate.
When it dissolves in water, the water becomes alkaline.
By using this reaction, we can transform the pasta into ramen noodles.
CAN I USE BAKING POWDER?
Baking powder is made with several substances to baking soda, and you’ll need to furthermore amount than using baking soda.
Using baking soda is much better to avoid risks of unsuccess conversion to ramen noodles and also making a mess on the stovetop.
THE RATIO OF BAKING SODA TO WATER
The basic ratio of baking soda to 1 quart (about 1L) of water is 1 tbsp for cooking 3.5-4.2 oz of spaghetti
Add each 1 tbsp of baking soda for every 1 quart of water.
Add 1 tsp of salt to 1 quart of water when cooking pasta noodles.
Use a larger pot to cook the noodles since the baking soda reacts creating aggressive fizz and may cause over-spilled on the stovetop.
ADD 2 MINUTES EXTRA TO THE COOKING TIME
Give enough time to bring the reaction to the noodles, and add extra 2 minutes to the cooking time of the instruction on the package when cooking the noodles.
RINSE THE COOKED NOODLES THOUGHTFULLY TO REMOVE THE “BITTER” FLAVOR
Rinse the cooked noodles well since the flavor of baking soda is bitter (and tastes kind of weird.)
Besides, it works to rinse off the slimy water.
If you don’t make Ramen soon, sprinkle vegetable oil and combine well for preventing the noodles from sticking together.
How To Convert Spaghetti Pasta To Ramen Noodles
- 1 quart Water *About 1L
- 1 TSP Salt *Edited
- 1 tbsp Baking soda
- 3.5-4.2 oz Spaghetti Pasta
- In a large pot, add 1 quart of water and 1 TSP of salt. Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- Add 1 tbsp of baking soda to the pot. Be careful of the baking soda reaction may cause over-flow. Bring the water to a boil fully.
- Add spaghetti pasta and cook the noodle for 2 minutes longer than the cooking time on the instruction.
- Rinse the cooked noodles thoughtfully with warm water if you make ramen noodles soon. Since the noodles are rinsed off the starch, you don't need to oil them.
- Become a ramen master at home? Make authentic SHOYU CHICKEN RAMEN FROM SCRATCH.
- Edited the amount of salt on July 2023.