Asian Grilled Romaine
Fresh Romaine lettuce tastes great by itself, when you want to search for different flavors, grill it! Try this grilled romaine with an Asian twist. It’s simple, healthy, and absolutely delicious. Cut the top few inches and slice it in half, to grill it easier and prevent burning it.
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce
- 2 tbsp Japanese/ Korean Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Japanese Dark Soy Sauce
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Parmesan cheese *optional
- Preheat a grill. If you don’t want to use a grill, you also can use a stovetop grill pan.
- Chop off the top of the lettuce head, and shave off the brown part of the root end. Cut each romaine heart in half lengthwise.*Leaving the root end intact so that the lettuce head stays together.
- Place the romaine hearts on the grill, and grill for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until slightly charred.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese if desired and serve immediately.